Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beginnings and Endings


This week was marked with many beginnings and endings for our family. Some I can explain and others I will let play out for awhile. While our family welcomed the addition of two baby chicks to our kitchen (yes, I might win awards for letting this happen AGAIN), we also said good-bye to our faithful chicken, Hailey.

From a urban chicken farmer stand point, this was bitter sweet. Though it is exciting to expand our flock, it was disappointing and disturbing to know Hailey was gone for really unknown reasons...endings.

As I type this I hear the soft chirping of the chicks in the background...new beginnings.

Even though I'm presented with mixed emotions, I understand there is a rhythm to life and this too is in all of God's plan. Now there are only 3 eggs to collect each day, but in time there will be 5.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are your babies growing?? Do they make cheeping sounds all night? Gramy