Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A House Full of "Firsts"


The last few weeks at the Little Blue Bungalow have been brimming with "firsts". From Fiona's first ever haircut (I promise we didn't cut much) to the kid's finally mastering their bikes we've tackled some impressive "firsts" in the month of August.

Though "firsts" are fun and exciting for kids, the hardest part for the parents is "letting go of the reins". I've literally found myself standing back realizing my kids are growing up. And if I thought watching my "baby" get her first haircut was hard, I'm not sure what I'm going to think when her first day of school comes on September 9th. (Don't make me even think about it!)

Yes...our house is full of "firsts" even for me. I'm a first time parent to a child in school, so there are even lots of unknowns for me. Goodness...I hope I'm "cool" enough to make this "first" day of school memorable to Miss Fiona and "blend" in with the rest of the parents.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean

Posted by Picasa

No comments: