Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A God Connection


God meets are every need. During a particularly "lean" time in our lives in the Spring of 2006 we were blessed by our church with a outdoor climber. At our church's, The Rock, annual Easter egg extravaganza, we were delighted when Fiona had won the slide and climb castle climber. It was a simple need, but God met it and we were so blessed.

Fast-forward nearly three and 1/2 years of fruitful play on the climber... Many adventures had been played on the climber, but the kids were getting bigger. After much debate, we decided it was time to pass the climber on as the kids were rarely playing on the climber, instead their bigger tree house.

Our original hope was to pass the climber onto another member of our church, but we couldn't find anyone that needed a climber. After a month of asking around, I had resorted to selling the item on Craig's List and giving the money to the church. But God is bigger.

You can only imagine my amaze and delight of God connecting us to the very family from our church that had a need for a climber. If you are familiar with Craig's List it is a great way for people to find a variety of used items for free or nominal fees and is HEAVILY used by thousands of people everyday.

After I placed the free ad on Craig's List on Friday, the responses to purchase the climber came pouring in. Ironically, (we all know God's hand was in this) I responded to the second person and accidentally left my blog address on my return email. With Denera's permission the emails that followed in our God connection:

Denera,
I have someone supposedly picking it up on Sunday...if for any reason this person doesn't show I will contact you right away. I would prefer to sell it to someone locally. :)

Hi Katie Jean,


Thank you for getting back to me. If for some reason you change your mind and want me to come pick it up today. Give me a call on my cell ...

Thank you and have a great day!

Denera

Well hi there! I clicked on your link and saw pictures of you and the kids. :o) I'm Denera, my niece Nina went to little doves with Fiona. And we also go to the rock with you as well. Funny.

How's Fiona doing? Is she still at little doves or did she start Kindergarten? Nina started Kindergarten at Salem Woods, she's really liking it.

Well, I hope all is well with you guys and I'll probably run into you at church I'm sure.

:o)

Denera

Ironic...isn't it, but God is so GOOD! We had hoped to pass this slide onto another Rock Church family, but didn't know of anyone that needed one. Fiona actually won this at the church's Easter Egg hunt in 2006. I just said to my husband again this morning that it was too bad we couldn't pass it onto someone in our church. But God is so good at connecting one another even over Craig's List! We are so happy to pass this onto your family for FREE.
I work all day tomorrow (at the YMCA) so you'll need to coordinate picking it up from my husband. Hum. Actually...tomorrow morning I'll put it in the front yard and put the instructions and tool for breaking it down in the our silver milk box on the front porch so you can grab it from there. Stop by when it works for you...possibly after church. If our black car is in the driveway you can knock and say hello to Fiona and my family otherwise be blessed and be on your way.

Again, we are so happy you are getting the castle slide.
Katie Jean

Oh my goodness! What a blessing!!! :o) This is so wonderful of you, thank you very much! And yes, God is so very extremely good!

I've been looking for one of these all summer with no luck, or at least anything that we could afford. You have no idea how much this will bless us and our daughter, Olivia!

We will definitely pick this up after church tomorrow, thank you!

Denera

Truly a God connection...

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! We had something similar (but nowhere near as great) happen on craigslist earlier this year... I was looking for a Moby Wrap, and FINALLY found one for a good price in a neutral color. When I went to pick it up, I found that I knew the woman selling it from when I worked at the birth ceneter. And my midwife for Emmett was at her second baby's birth as well.
While I was there, she had a woman come to her house for a breastfeeding study that she was participating in. The study (on iron & zinc) pays pretty well, and I was able to sign up for the study too! It was cool.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! We had something similar (but nowhere near as great) happen on craigslist earlier this year... I was looking for a Moby Wrap, and FINALLY found one for a good price in a neutral color. When I went to pick it up, I found that I knew the woman selling it from when I worked at the birth ceneter. And my midwife for Emmett was at her second baby's birth as well.
While I was there, she had a woman come to her house for a breastfeeding study that she was participating in. The study (on iron & zinc) pays pretty well, and I was able to sign up for the study too! It was cool.