Friday, November 6, 2009

From Inside the Little Blue Bungalow

As I sit here typing, I am amazed at how dark 6:15 a.m. looks today. Even though I'm already back from working out at the YMCA, the house is quiet and peaceful. In the silence, the tea kettle yells to let me know my hot water is ready, but once again it is quiet except for my typing.

The morning is my favorite part of the day. A chance to exercise, sip my tea, pray, surf the Internet, think, and catch up on a few household chores in peace. It is my time.

In the past 9 months much has changed in our house. Before, I was a dedicated stay-at-home mom for almost 4 1/2 years aching to find routine and purpose in my day. Today, I am back in the working world part-time and maintaining my "mommy" duties.

Though I find myself juggling the daily routines of motherhood and work interesting, I wouldn't change it. Being a full-time stay-at-home mom (or dad) is one of the most rewarding and hardest jobs you'll ever do. Though I loved being home with the kids, I realized it was time to move on...and for a mother, that is a hard concept to admit. At times the hours as a stay-at-home mom seemed to creep by and now I long for an hour to sit and reflect on the day ahead. How quickly things have changed.

They say the grass is always greener on the other side. But is it really?

I guess what I'm trying to say is to enjoy where you are right now and be your best always. Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, part-time mom, working mom, or foster mom. The important thing is that you are a MOM. And at the end of the day Mom is who they want to tuck them in bed and kiss their fears away. Regardless of my "title", I am forever Fiona and Keegan's Mom.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nancy Cook said...

You look fabulous! How much weight have you lost????

Wanna carpool to Traci's book exchange? Let me know!

collver4 said...

You are an amazing mother! I am so impressed by how well you keep it all together. I look up to you actually, you inspire me to be an even better mommy and wife! Thank you sweets.