Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"...Hammer Time"

Kudos to the Monroe, WA Public Library for hosting MaPapalooza last Friday night! Our family had a great time rockin' out to the greatest 80's hits of all time while showing off in some of our...well...let's just put it "creative" 1980's outfits. (Of course, Drew ran to the basement to pull up an original silk shirt that he said he "saved" for just an occasion. Who does that? Really.)

Earlier that evening as I rushed around the house literally "pulling an outfit" together to represent what I felt was the BEST of the 80's, I couldn't help but laugh at Miss Fiona. After applying another layer of blue eye shadow, Fiona eyed my entire outfit.

She announced, "Mom, your outfit doesn't look very good". Yes, folks. My four year old daughter summed up the entire 80's clothing in a single, clear, precise statement. 'My outfit didn't look very good.' Hum...I think she was right. (Funny...I remember looking so cool in my tight rolled jeans and puffy hair.) True wisdom from a four year old.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean


Posted by Picasa

No comments: