Sunday, September 21, 2008

In the Heartland...IOWA

Greetings fellow reader(s), (I'm never too sure how many of you are out there...ha!)

I wanted to let you know the kids and I arrived safely into the Des Moines, IA airport on Wednesday night with only a few laughs and stressful moments. Since it was my first time flying solo with two kiddos, I was proud of how my kids behaved and how my deodorant handed the extra stress. (Clinical Strength baby!) Overall, I would rate it a roaring success!

If you were wondering...praise God we were NOT "that family" in the airport. The kids were behaved and Keegan slept like a champ. Seriously, to the point he was snoring and drooling all over my shirt on both flights. (It was pleasant...ah...not so much.) But at least I didn't have to deal with "crazy" Keegan on the flight. Fiona watched Shrek and colored. (LOVE IT!) Keegan slept, slept, and oh...woke for about 30 minutes, eat three crackers and then went back to sleep. (Anyone notice a pattern here?) Everyone was very helpful and pleasant with me as I navigated and dealt with my kids in the airport and my Dad even met me at the airport with a Diet Coke. Honestly, it was an answer to prayer. (Everyone being nice. Ok...and the diet coke.)

Since our adventures flying out here, we are having LOTS of fun in Iowa. Fishing, boating, hanging with the grandparents and playing at the water park with the cousins have been some of the highlights of this amazing trip. As always, I promise I'll have lots of pictures to share when we get back home on Tuesday night.

Oh, and don't let me forget to tell you about a HILARIOUS story about Fiona and escalators. (Definitely...a classic Fiona story as well as a defining "mom" moment.)

From inside the little blue bungalow, (actually the lake house in Iowa)
Katie Jean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you're here.
Love, Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Hi Katie Jean! I read your blog regularly! I'm glad you're having fun at your parent's house! I miss you!
Jill