Tuesday, September 16, 2008

R U Kidding Me?

What am I thinking? Tomorrow I embark on one of my greatest adventures with my kiddos...we are flying back home to Iowa. (No big deal you think...read on!) Though the kids are somewhat accustomed to flying this is the first time I, the great Katie Jean, will attempt entertaining and herding my kids entirely ALONE through the airport system. (Sounds like a three ring circle, doesn't it?) You are jealous aren't you... a fun stress-free day...huh? Goodness. Needless to say, I am very excited to go home and see my family after 15 months, but the thought of some of the "unexpected" while traveling with two kids seem a bit daunting. My stomach is actually churning as I think about it right now.

We've all had at least one traveling experience when we sat next to "that family". Please pray I'm NOT "that family"...screaming kids, kids don't want to sit down, screaming kids, kids start running away from parents in x (enter bathroom, airplane, terminal), parents begin to start flipping out, screaming kids. I'm sure you get the picture. This scenario is actually quite paralyzing and I pray that all of the years of parenting re-direction and discipline will counter-act any situation that will come my way. (Their smiles may look innocent but...)

Please also pray for the externals...luggage, overall flight, understanding agents, smooth transitions and connections, pleasant seat mates, etc. Not only am I worrying about how my kids react and behave, I'm nervous about the normal logistics of flying. For instance, no one likes to have their flight canceled or delayed, but no one (me especially!) likes to have their flight canceled or delayed with kids in tow. Wouldn't that be fun? (More diet coke and Excedrin please!)

As we embark on our travels tomorrow I hope to return with wonderful pictures of our time in Iowa. Though many of you enjoy my humor, don't expect any funny airport stories when I return. We hope we aren't "that family" and if we are...Drew better meet me at the airport with a Diet Coke in hand.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

my2boys1&2 said...

It will go well. We are all looking forward to seeing you soon. We will pray for you to have good connections and plenty of well thought out things to do... Can you find an "E" in the flight list? :)
Joy