Sunday, January 11, 2009

The "Witching" Hour


After being a parent for nearly 4 1/2 years, I can definitely say every kid (ah...hem...I mean my kids) has their "crazy" time when they are moody, whiny and are just a bit more sensitive to life. At the Little Blue Bungalow, we've termed this very special time as "the witching hour". Now, I'm not scientifically sure that it really is the kids going "nuts " or that the parents have just had ENOUGH with the kids. It could easily be a combination.



Our "witching hour" really spans almost two hours from 5-7 PM. (Why we never called it "witching hours" I'll never know?) Feelings are hurt, pushing incurs, tears are shed, toys are dumped out of basket...and I feel as if I'm on a roller coaster of emotions, because I am. I am the master of the three ring circus...directing kids, making supper, and shuttling kids back from the YMCA.

Thankfully as supper is done, things start to settle back into a routine. Teeth are brushed, pj's are put on, stories are read, songs are song and little ones fall into the rhythm of their beds. I'm exhausted too, but instead enjoy the quiet, clean Little Blue Bungalow with my husband. We read, blog, 'surf the net', talk about the day and/or enjoy a movie.

Though the "witching hour" is intense, it is always a blessing to know the time with my husband awaits after a long day with the kids. We enjoy one another's company forgetting quickly that tomorrow we'll face more "crazies" with the kiddos during the "witching hour".

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: