Saturday, February 7, 2009

Invest in Youth Campaign 2009

Our family LOVES the YMCA. I honestly could write a book about what the YMCA has done for our family. But beyond just my family, there are hundreds more stories that could be shared. I personally want the best community we can have for my town, neighbors, friends and more importantly my family. Partnering with our YMCA is an amazing way we can invest in our community.

Families are being changed, kids are being changed, our community is being changed daily through the outstanding programs offered by the YMCA through financial assistance. Each year through the Invest in Youth Campaign our YMCA raises these necessary funds to provide programming, lessons, camps, child care, etc. to families that otherwise wouldn't be able to participate. Sometimes we often don't see the benefit of such funding, but I can tell you we are one of these families.

I don't often ask friends and family for monetary support, but the Invest in Youth Campaign is something I REALLY believe (110%) and I need your help.

Since May 2008, our family has personally benefited directly from this financial assistance to be apart of YMCA community. Honestly, without their help Fiona would not have had the opportunity to participate in soccer and swimming lessons and our family wouldn't have regained our health. These programs are invaluable and to deny someone strictly because they can't "afford" it is just not acceptable. Between us, knowing Fiona wouldn't have these opportunities just breaks my heart.

I am personally donating my time and efforts in raising money for the Invest in Youth Campaign for the Monroe YMCA because I believe that everyone, just like our family, should have the opportunity to participate in these programs. The YMCA of Snohomish County makes every effort to ensure that no person, especially youth, will be denied access to programs and membership because of financial hardship. I am so thankful for what they have provided for myself, my family and my community.

Would you please join me in support of the YMCA? (But, how Katie Jean?)

I'm personally asking you, the blogging world, to please contact me at my email kjbritten@gmail.com to join me in donating to the 2009 Invest in Youth Campaign. From there, I'll get you set-up with your pledge card that you'll complete with your information and pledge amount. In the days to follow, I am hoping my email box is filled with requests for pledge cards for donations of $10, $25, $40, $100, $250, and maybe even $500. (Hey...I gotta' aim high!)

We live in challenging times. Every day youth and teens face great risks, family budgets are stretched beyond their limits by the current economic climate, and we are facing a national health crisis caused by unhealthy lifestyle choices. However, the YMCA is a proven positive factor in our community. Please email me today to invest in our community.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean

Posted by Picasa

No comments: