Monday, April 27, 2009

Broken Bloom


Last Fall with the aid of my "helpers", we planted tulips in front of the Little Blue Bungalow. I love having a wide variety of flowers that bloom throughout the year in a array of color; bringing character to the outside of our little home.

This Spring, I have awaited the arrival of my tulips with much anticipation. As I came home from work on Wednesday I noticed the tulip bulbs were just ready to pop open and display their vivid color. I was more than thrilled as I knew that it would add a burst of color to the beds and shout "Spring is Here!"

Stepping outside from the craziness of our home, I made a quick phone call to a friend on our front porch. I didn't notice I hadn't pulled the front door shut or the fact that one of my "helpers", Exhibit A, Mr. Keegan had bolted out the front door. So I was utterly shocked when out of my corner of my eye I watched Mr. Keegan run up to one of those lovely unbloomed tulips and SNAP it off.

In a blink of an eye my excitement, anticipation...gone. Snapped off early by an eager two-year old. I was devastated. How could he do that? The tulip didn't even get a chance to bloom to display it's true colors and potential.

Catching myself from not getting too angry, I realized that Keegan didn't know my anticipation...and certainly didn't realize at that age that the flower hadn't bloomed to its full glory. (And...how in the world do you get mad at a kid that smiles like that?)

Do you live in your full potential? Have you been snapped off early by society pressures, demands?
Is your life filled with disappointments? In times of difficulties, it is hard to remember that God is never done with us.

God is rebuilding you from the ground up. Next year, next season he will mend your wounds and have you bloom again. With God you won't be shaken by this economy, disappointments, marriage struggles, addictions...your victory is coming, it is just in God's time.

You may just have to wait for your life to bloom next season, but God is there...even when you are broken by a two-year old.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalms 147:3
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! I hope you took it inside and put it in water! Keegan will be delighted when something that looks ruined can be resurrected. Gramy!

jennifer said...

http://3here1there.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/one-trampled-hydrangea/

how wild is it that i read this post directly before yours? i really appreciate what you have said here, katie. it does feel a little like Someone's trying to tell me something through two old friends. :)