Monday, April 6, 2009

Labor of Love

Gardening with my kids is one of my greatest joys. I love their interest, attention and most of their tiny hands in the soil.

Honestly, most of the things I do with the kids is a "hands-on" approach. I love sharing my passions with my kids...gardening, cooking, hiking. Being the parent that let's their kids "go at it", isn't always easy...trust me.

My kids often get too excited, side-tracked, and/or finish a task "their way", but the moral of the story is I'm sharing my interests with our kids. Kids want to please. Even if it doesn't make sense to the adult, (like randomly planting carrot seeds all over the garden), our children long for our attention whether it be negative or positive. As parents, it is our responsibility to give our children firm direction, support, love and attention.

So what! Yes...we may have a few more carrots this year in our garden, but no worries. The point is we shared time together planting the garden...making a memory, working together on two of my labor of loves...my kids and my gardens.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean



Posted by Picasa

No comments: