Monday, April 27, 2009

Field Trip: Monroe Fire Station


One of the perks of maintaining a title as "stay-at-home mom" is experiencing activities with your kids. Today was no exception.

Early this morning, I enjoyed a walking field trip with Fiona's preschool class to the Monroe fire station. We checked out the cool fire trucks, fire men's gear, and even an ambulance.

Opportunities like this also help me understand why my daughter screamed at me from the window this afternoon that she was going to "Call 9-1-1!" (Good golly! She had stubbed her toe.) We had a LONG talk about when it is appropriate to dial 9-1-1 and I was glad to reiterate this important lesson learned during a preschool field trip.

Thank goodness she didn't dial 9-1-1. I'm not sure how I would have handled that. Parenting is such an interesting road even when it is just a field trip to the local fire station.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: