Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our First Egg


I found it somewhat ironic that our chickens (well, one of them) laid their first egg on 9-11. In the midst of what can be emotional day of remembrance; a perfect egg lay...a symbol of rebirth and newness.

Though a day many remember of loss; we were rejoicing in our gain of a simple or "perfect" egg as Fiona put it. Like a rainbow...I felt this simple egg represented God's promise that even in a day of destruction and evil, He would make all things new.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

His wife, Bonnie said...

Congratulations! Urban farmers Any more eggs this weekend?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am impressed! Are they getting laying mash yet?? Grandpa Tom and Grandma Catherine asked about that the other day!! What did you do with the egg?? Who got to eat it...or did it help with making cookies for all?? LOL, MOM

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! Sorry that I'm slow on the uptake here... been so behind on my blog reading (and writing). Much like your Rhythem post suggested. ;) Hooray for the first egg! It's so exciting!