Monday, September 21, 2009

Rhythm and Routines

Rhythm and routines. There is definitely a new rhythm at the Little Blue Bungalow. We are adapting and adjusting to earlier bed times, Kindergarten homework, gathering the eggs, and carving out new family time. To say it has been easy would be a lie, hence...the reason for my "somewhat" absence on my blog.

Honestly, I think I'm the worst person in the family in adapting to change. I love order, structure, routine. Though the day-to-day routines are mostly the same, (working out at the YMCA, working for the YMCA, bed-time routines, eating, playing with the kids) the actual times of day have drastically changed.

Throughout the day, I'm finding myself regrouping and reminding myself what day it is and checking the clock. Monday at 10 AM...OK you are at work...pick-up Keegan from Lynda's at 3 PM...pick-up Fiona from school @ 3:35 PM...go home, eat snack...4:45 PM...back to work...and so on and so on. I find myself racing from here to there trying to maintain order, control in the process. (Good luck!)

I know that in a few short weeks this new routine with be the "new normal", but in the meantime I'm already checking my clock and reminding myself that today is Monday. It IS Monday, right?


From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

collver4 said...

I promise it gets easier:)