Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughts from a Kindergarten's Mom

Today is a day mixed with emotions...today my daughter enters the world of the public school system. Drew and I are both so excited for the opportunities for Fiona to learn and grow, but atlas I can't help but wonder what the roller coaster of learning "life" will present itself in the next couple of years. Ah...the joy of parenthood.

To Fiona we wish you the best...an opportunity to explore, expand your understanding, and learn life-long skills. To the teachers we wish you the best...to impact a generation, to impart wisdom and knowledge to students, and to spread love to the unloved. To the students we wish you the best...a chance to connect with your community and learn the "golden" rules of life.

Our prayers are with you all as you begin this new adventure, a new chapter in your book. And as I grip with the fact my "baby" will be graduating with the class of 2022...(R u kidding me?) I am at peace knowing that this too is in God's plan.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: