Monday, December 21, 2009

I am a Gardener

I am a gardener. Nothing is more relaxing and therapeutic to my soul than hours out in the gardens. I love pulling weeds, tending plants and harvesting bountiful fruits and vegetables. Gardening is a lost art and one I'm perfecting.

It is 5 p.m. and I'm surrounded by darkness. Today, December 21st, the shortest day of the year has robbed me of daylight. I long for time in the garden or even a chance to harvest the eggs without having to use my headlamp. (Seriously...not cool.)

I know I'm lucky as I still have the opportunity to work in the gardens in the Pacific Northwest's "mild" climate, (like yesterday afternoon...ahem) but like everyone else, today I long for a day with more sunlight. Instead, I will join many others putting pj's on early and curling up with a good movie. Or maybe...I'll look at seed catalogs instead.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen Bassetti said...

What are the covers for? Do I need these on my tomatoes?