Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today marks another year for me, I'm officially thirty-three. As I woke this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see my husband laying on the couch with Fiona without work attire. I wondered what was wrong. "Hey, aren't you leaving for work?" I asked. To my delight, he replied, "No, I took the day off to spend with you! Happy Birthday!"

What a great birthday present! The coolest part is that he totally tricked me into believing it was just another work day. His alarm went off at 4:45 AM as usual so he can work out at the YMCA for an hour then head back home for his shower around 6:00AM. I heard him get up with the alarm at 4:45 AM and take a shower at his normal 6:00 AM, but he had been home the entire time...washing dishes from the cakes he made last night, wrapping presents, and picking up his clothes. What a sweet heart! When I stumbled out of bed at 6:40 AM I was planning on taking Fiona from him so he could get out the door for work. What a surprise! Thank you Drew for making me feel so special.

I enjoyed breakfast with the family and then headed out to the YMCA to catch the 8 AM water aerobics class without kids. What a treat! I worked out in bliss and then showered at the Y knowing everyone was home working on frosting my birthday cakes for tonight's celebration with some Monroe friends. So cute to watch Drew in the kitchen with the kids working on the project. My best gift every year is not to cook the entire day and pick up the kitchen. This is truly a dream come true for a stay-at-home mommy. Trust me, I don't have a problem staying away. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Above is the pictures of my new cross trainer shoes that I bought with my birthday money from grandparents and parents. Thank you for these great shoes. I actually wore out my other shoes. I never knew you could do that...but this is also coming from the girl who didn't work out in 14 years. I've officially worked out for 11 weeks now at least 5 days a week. I've lost 22 lbs and tons of inches and gained back some confidence. I never thought I'd want or need new shoes for my birthday, but I guess I'm working on the new me. (This is also coming from the girl who asked for a pitch fork for her 14th birthday...don't ask.) I actually LOVE working out. (Did I just type that!)

Well...I better get back to the family for more birthday celebration. We are going to work in the garden...my favorite.

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: