Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jetty Island Adventure


This past Friday I spend the afternoon stuck on an island with some of my favorite people...Fiona, Keegan, Shauna, and Judah. As Shauna and I sat upon drift wood and talked for three hours, our children ran up and down the sandy shores of Jetty Island, dug in the sand, explored tide pools, and got covered head to toe in sand. It was beautiful! (Minus the sand clean-up afterwards...sand EVERYWHERE!)
Honestly, these are some of the precious memories you tuck away in your "memory" bank of a stay-at-home mommy. The days are long, often thankless, and the pay and vacation time are terrible. (Trust me...I know.) However, on this Friday afternoon "my work" was transported to the beach with not a care in the world.
Every minute of prep time for this adventure and sand clean-up was worth it for these three blissful hours of fun.
Check out the smile on Fiona...that says it all. No corporation could pay me enough to want to miss that smile...that moment.
From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: