Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live: Master Bedroom

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest and welcome to the Little Blue Bungalow. The Britten's: Drew, Katie Jean (that's me!), Fiona and Keegan are pleased you've chosen our blog to stop by for a visit during Kelly's Korner "Show Us Where You Live - Friday".

If you haven't guessed it by my blog's title, we live in a small blue bungalow and like everything in the house our master bedroom is small. How small is "small" you wonder? Our master bedroom (ironic, really) is 10 feet by 10 feet and now you realize I'm not exaggerating on the small factor.

Packed inside our master bedroom is a beautiful antique bed set including: full size bed, vanity and dresser. The set was given to me by my parents when we married eleven years ago. This lovely set was refinished by my late grandmother Virginia and passed onto my parents after her death. It is definitely the "wow" factor in our bedroom and has been in each home or apartment we've lived including: Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin and Washington.

In the master bedroom (or should I say ahem..."grand" room) I'd also like to point out our huge closet. Do you see it? OK, not so huge and it didn't even come with a door. Really... so, I improvised and had my mother-in-law make the same curtain for the window and closet door. The closet is also so small even for me who has a minimal outfits that my husband has his closet in our son's room. But it isn't all bad, having limited storage space forces us to minimize our stuff including those outfits that you haven't fit into for years.

The master bedroom is small, but it our retreat at the end of the day. We hope you enjoyed your quick glimpse into the Little Blue Bungalow. Feel free to come back often and follow the daily happenings of the Britten's through my own personal, witty writing style at Little Blue Bungalow.

If you enjoyed this living room tour, please make sure to stop by Kelly's blog (click HERE) and visit other blogs participating in the "Show Us Where You Live - Friday".

From inside the little blue bungalow,
Katie Jean
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thank you for sharing :)